It’s the time of year when everyone’s busy counting their blessings and practicing gratitude. Be sure to remember the special people in your life. If you’ve been invited to spend Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving at someone else’s home, you should arrive with a hostess gift in hand. At Griffin’s Floral Design, serving Columbus and the surrounding areas, our professional florists have been busy compiling a list of perfect gifts for Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving hosts and hostesses.
Why It’s Important to Remember a Host Gift
Even if you’ve been invited to a potluck-style meal to which you’ll bringing one or more dishes, you should still also bring a hostess gift. It’s a lot of work to get the home, kitchen, and table ready for Thanksgiving guests. Showing your appreciation with a hostess gift will not only make your host feel special but will also put your good manners on display.
The Best Gifts for Every Thanksgiving Host
Colorful and Elegant Floral Arrangement – Lemon Meringue Centerpiece
Friendsgiving is just like Thanksgiving, but spent among the people you choose to love — your friends! This buddies-only dinner usually takes place on the Wednesday before or during the week after Thanksgiving. Since it’s usually a less formal sit-down dinner, remember that fun is always on the table when choosing a hostess gift for your friend.
- A cheerful, yet elegant centerpiece to elevate the dining table, since Friendsgiving means everyone sits at the grown-up table
- A matching set of festive apron and oven mitts
- Games to play after dinner
- Fuzzy socks
- A basket of spa essentials to help your host unwind after cleaning up
- Candles that smell like the best parts of the season
- A funny pack of fridge magnets
2. Thanksgiving with the In-Laws
Stunning and Modern Fall Flowers in Wood Box – Thanksgiving Harvest Box
Box of Chocolates
Regardless of you’ll be meeting your significant other’s parents for the first time or have known your in-laws for years, you should be sure to show your appreciation of them welcoming you into their home, lives, and holiday traditions. Be sure your sentiment is heartfelt and sincere by choosing a tastefully elegant hostess gift.
- A generously arranged Thanksgiving floral design that could be used as a centerpiece or other accent
- An expensive bottle of wine paired with an aerator, opener, or wine glass charms
- A fancy charcuterie board with cheese knives or cheese markers
- A pretty box of gourmet chocolates or jams crafted in your hometown
- A set of whiskey stones and a bottle of locally distilled spirits
- Show your practical side by giving high-quality serving utensils, since they’re always in high-demand on Thanksgiving
- A decorative platter for serving drinks or desserts
3. Thanksgiving with Your Family
If you’re heading to your parents’ or grandparents’ home for Thanksgiving dinner, it’s still important to bring a hostess gift. A thoughtful item will show how much you appreciate your family. Choose an item you know your parents will love or something to help the whole day at your grandparents’ house go smoothly.
- A set of festive measuring spoons
- An activity to keep the kids busy, like a game or craft project
- Sparkling cider so everyone can toast a fancy drink
- Gourmet coffee to brew after dinner
- Toys to occupy the household pets
- High-quality hand soap to make sure everyone washes and no one leaves with unwanted leftovers
- Decorative dish towels and gloves to show your willingness to pitch in with clean up
You Can Never Go Wrong with Flowers
If you’re still not sure what to bring your host or hostess on Thanksgiving, we recommend flowers. It’s best to bring an arrangement of trimmed flowers that already have a home in a festive vase, as your host probably won’t have time to trim and arrange a bouquet of freshly cut flowers. We welcome you to stop by a Griffin’s Floral Design showroom for personal recommendations and assistance when selecting floral gifts for your Thanksgiving host or hostess.