Celebrating romance may seem a little out of place in August – but in reality, it makes a lot of sense! After all, love and courtship is a year-round affair. National Romance Month takes place six months after Valentine’s Day, and is located between the iconic holiday and the holiday season, infusing a bit of passion into the summer months. Of course, the experts at Griffin’s Floral Designs celebrate love and relationships every day of the year – and so we have the ideas, inspiration, and romantic flowers that you need to surprise your sweetheart this month.
Love Online: In just a few short years, the number of single people searching for love via online dating sites has jumped from 26.1 million users in 2017 to 34.5 million users in 2022. This trend is being seen across all demographics, from young adults to senior citizens. In fact, 20% of married couples in the United States met online.
Wake Up to Romance: Over 10,000 marriages per year are thought to be a direct result of the couple beginning with a very ordinary activity – sharing a cup of coffee. So, the next time you are invited to a coffee date, don’t think twice about going to potentially meet the love of your life.
Living in Love: There are 18 cities and one county in the United States whose names are inspired by love – from Romeo, Colorado, to Love Valley, North Carolina. Here in Ohio, we have Loveland, and Loveland Park – but perhaps nowhere is more romantic than Valentine, Nebraska.
The Five Most Romantic Flowers: The beauty of flowers lies in the eye of the beholder, which means you can never go wrong with your romantic floral arrangement selection. However, if you want to send the perfect message using the language of flowers, choose a bouquet with blooms that are rich in romantic meaning and symbolism.
- Roses have been a symbol of love since ancient Roman Mythology, and their meaning has only grown over centuries to include fascination, desire, and passion.
- Orchids are stunning blooms that are connected to luxury, romance, love, and refinement. They offer elegant, delicate petals with hues that enhance all sorts of floral bouquets, but they can also beloved plants displayed in ornate pots of soil.
- Lilies are unmistakable, sweet, showstopping, and brilliant. With their large petals that capture attention, these flowers are strong representations of romance, longing, passion, and love, especially red lilies.
- Daisies are lovely symbols of true love and new beginnings, making them ideal for floral bouquets celebrating Romance Month. Whether you are honoring a new relationship or have been married for years, daisies are a fun, sweet, and romantic summer bloom.
- Sunflowers are uplifting, mood-boosting, bright, sunny blooms that symbolize joy, optimism, happiness, and peace. They can also be extremely romantic summertime flowers since they also mean loyalty, love, and adoration.
Griffin’s Floral Design loves all things romance, and we love helping people to express and convey their love with romantic flowers. Whether your sweetheart lives in Columbus, or you are sending your love across the miles, we are your source for National Romance Month.